A place to share herbal recipes ,facts, photos, questions and most importantly friendships.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Thyme is Flying

It seems as if the months are going by so quickly as we all wait for spring.As i sit at my computer I am by a window that looks out on the herb garden.So can't wait to look out that window and see green popping up.I did a lot of transplanting last year so I am wondering what has survived.
I went out to lunch yesterday and enjoyed a delicious Chicken Pesto sandwich.I have never made pesto so I searched out some recipes.I tried to find one that sounded wonderful and had ingredients that were easily found.........
PASTA AND PESTO SAUCE
COOKS.COM
1/2 c. olive oil
2c.fresh basil leaves
1/4c.Italian style fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic
1/4c. walnuts or pine nuts
1/4-1/2c.imported grated cheese
11/2c. chicken broth
In food processor or blender combine all ingredients except chicken broth.Blend ingredients until almost liquid 
in form.Tin mixture with chicken broth.Serve over your favorite pasta.
Note: This recipe cam be made in late summer or early fall when fresh basil is available at local market.Make a generous batch and freeze in individual containers to enjoy during the winter . 


No comments:

Post a Comment