A place to share herbal recipes ,facts, photos, questions and most importantly friendships.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May all ready and I have spent all morning out in  the herb garden.Most everything survived the winter and is up and running.We have had a few days of really warm weather and that has helped everything to get started I am planning on revamping some of the herbs this year.
My lavender has been let to grow wild for years as I was afraid to trim it.Now,I know better but am afraid it is beyond hope so I dug most of it up.
I am leaning more towards herbs that I will really use,either in soap making or for cooking.So,mostly the herb must have great flavor or great scent.
Herb of  the year is Elderberry-tolerates most growing conditions and can be used for anything from wine to pie.Also great for the immune system.Give Elderberry a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment