A place to share herbal recipes ,facts, photos, questions and most importantly friendships.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

This past week I have enjoyed having the time to make some, handmade cold process ,soap.I made some lavender,peppermint and chocolate hazelnut.In the first two I used some crushed dried herbs from my garden.I thought it may be of interest to know what herbs are commonly used in soap making.
Calendula petals-for the skin
Chamomile flowers whole-exfoliant
Peppermint Leaves
Spearmint Leaves
Lemongrass
Rosemary-crushed
Confrey-skin
Parsley-color
lemon verbena-scent
If you are interested in soap making maybe you will want to consider some of these for next years herb garden.
Next week I hope to make some lemon poppy seed soap and more chocolate hazelnut.I am trying to get it made now as it takes 6-8 weeks to harden and I would like to gift some at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment